Monday 4 November 2013

Tinder-ella and the joy of playing Man Snap

It was great to be with the girls. The group hadn't been together in a while and as you find when you are with fantastic people you would never know it.  Brief recaps of what we've done since the last time we were all together are thrown out there excitedly. Most around the table are in relationships and although I have been single (ish...well on and off..its complicated...no single let's say single!) for the last 20 months and am not the only one, I am the one we land on for the hot man goss!

I'd love to say we maintain lady like behaviour at all times but that's cow crap and we know it.  As the dating stories unfold a few photos are shared of some men I have had the pleasure of spending time with...Mr NYC gets a resounding thumbs up from the circle and a few photos of those who may be lucky enough to enjoy my company are also flashed. We debate which one looks the best and whether they look to be players or not. It's quite amazing what you can take from a photo!

One of the girls pipes up with "are you on Tinder?" my vacant look of response confirms I am not, nor do I know of it's existence. "Oh my god...you have got to get on it", a quick tutorial immediately takes place using her profile and before you know it I have downloaded the app, linked it with my Facebook giving immediate access to my name, age and profile photos - bloody hell how did that happen? I am live just like that...shit!!! I want to check my profile photos but this photo game is so much fun. Apparently the 'game' is you get a photo and an age pop up on your screen and then you use your finger to swipe left if you are not interested and swipe right if you are.

Somewhere in another pub, or on a park bench or a train a man will be looking at Tinder and I will pop up, he can swipe left (oh the thought of that is sickening....what's wrong with me?) or swipe right (please, please, please pick me!). If I have swiped right and the same man (or men as it was!) also swipe me right then its SNAP!!! It literally is like the game. I get one! Woo hoo...I got swiped right too! And then another, boom this is awesome!

I leave the pub and my gal pal and I drive home. At each traffic light we play the swipe left and right game and woop as the SNAPS come in. And then some messages...man this is fun! A nice message is received and I send a nice one back, this guy looks like a good un' and he only lives 11 miles away.

The next message is not the most intelligent I have ever read..."You are hot. Do you want to hook up?", its like a scene from Pride and Prejudice this!...I am not stupid but just to confirm I say, "thank you, by hook up you mean?" and the response is "SEX." Gorgeous! Yep that's what I am looking for...clearly some people only need to know your name, age and see a couple of facebook profile shots (may not be yours, may be old, it matters not). I was tempted to hire a transvestite and send them in my place but I realise that there is nothing wrong with his question and I should get over it and just politely decline which I do...I am learning to play nice even with the romance killers!!!

Lots of matches come in and I hit a bit of a high, unfortunately it's short lived and I now have an inbox with 27 men matches that I now need to consider a lot of questions in order to ascertain if there is any point in us even getting in to chat let alone a meet. Some of the men seem decent and I am hoping that this isn't just another way of finding one night stands...I have been pleased to see there are some Rupert's, Hugo's, Benedict's, Giles and Oliver's (soft spot for posh names)...my snap matches all (apart from Mr let's have sex) seem ok, nice names, good ages and they have generally stated their heights to be at 6 foot plus...this means they are over 5'10" generally which works for me.

Once I am over the excitement of my new game it starts to feel a little shallow. I try not to give it too much thought, I suppose this is how it is now? I'm pretty sure this isn't how I will meet someone but it could be fun and I will still drum up some Disney Prince and Princess meeting in my head even if it does start with two right swipes of Tinder!

Tinderalla has been born as have the Tinder Tales...I will of course share all of the juicy details with you...

Seren x

1 comment:

  1. Very well written and a really insight into Serens life...

    ReplyDelete